So if you saw my Sneak Peek post you know that: I’m a list maker, I put a ton on there to do for the weekend, and a bunch of it was DIY. One of the projects we were able to tackle this weekend was a dresser for Archer’s Big Girl Room. We have been contemplating what to do with the new babe and if we wanted them to share a room for the get-go or not. After a lot of discussion we figured out it would be better to swap rooms for a while so we are in the bigger room with the new babe. Ok back to the post at hand. We were given a free dresser from Gma Doris that was her moms and in knowing that you know that it is old, BUT in very good shape. I forgot to take before pics of it all together, but here it is as I am sanding it. Oh and a quick shot of Archer hanging out while mommy works (Don’t mind the mess in the backyard that is a whole other project that will take a while to tackle)
As you can see the dresser has great lines and is in great shape but was laminate. We took off all the drawer pulls, brought it outside on the first not rainy day and I lightly sanded all the surfaces with my Black and Decker Mouse (a little DIY gift from the Hubs when we decided to start tackling the house again). It didn’t take much to get it sanded and then I wiped it down with a dry cloth before getting it back inside.
Once inside the Hubs painted all the drawer fronts and the dresser with white primer and a small foam roller during halftime of the IU game.
We then had to let it sit and dry, plus well an almost 2 year old needed some attention. After she was in bed for a nap I was able to paint a white coat on the dresser and then all the drawer fronts. I noticed how the wood was still showing through and decided I would give the drawer fronts another coat for good measure. The dresser itself took 3 coats of white.
Then I hopped on Pinterest and found this pin that gave me inspiration for the dresser.